We wanted to know what you think about what’s going on at the University of North Carolina. So, we asked you.
Almost 500 of you – 486, to be exact – responded to our online survey last month. Here is what you told us:
- You see an inherent value in pursuing higher education, and you are extremely positive toward UNC.
- You have deep-seated belief that the state legislature is having a negative impact on the UNC system.
- You believe that professors, faculty, and administration – not politicians – should have the greater role in deciding public university curriculum.
- You are paying attention to recent debates involving UNC, and you recognize the importance of our coalition.
- A significant number of you are willing to take action in support of our university and our coalition.
We were struck by your high degree of interest and concern. The poll was lengthy – 33 questions, many with multiple parts. Despite the length, nearly every person who started the survey completed all the questions.
In the weeks ahead, we’ll share more insights from the survey with you.